MESSAGE FROM CLUB CHAIR
URGENT UPDATE – CLUB ACTION REGARDING EA ADVICE ON CORONAVIRUS
I write following numerous email exchanges over the past 24 hours. Decisions have now been made by key committee members in accordance with the constitution of the Club.
England Athletics published the following advice this morning: England Athletics advises that all face-to-face activity such as club training sessions, events, competitions, club committee and face-to-face meetings, athlete camps, running groups and social events should be suspended until at least the end of April. The full text can be found at: https://www.
englandathletics.org/ athletics-and-running/news/ coronavirus-statement/?fbclid= IwAR3WQIQO7JaUskvRfdGQirzJsQcy kcm_uBdI2ZjdZ9q8c_dUe- zFEuCU46k
As a result the following action has been taken by the Club:
1. The Bournemouth 10 has been POSTPONED to 1st November 2020
2. The Bournemouth Open scheduled for Sunday 29th March has been CANCELLED
3. The AGM due to be held tonight, 17th March has been POSTPONED. Do not come to the track expecting it to be on.
4. The Executive Committee meeting due to be held tonight has been POSTPONED
5. Wednesday Development Night is CANCELLED until at least the end of April – with a possible extension thereafter. Do not come to the track on Wednesday.
6. Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday training sessions have been CANCELLED until at least the end of April – with a possible extension thereafter.
Coaches are licenced directly by England Athletics. Part of the EA advice is: Where possible, athletes and runners at all levels are encouraged to maintain their own personal fitness and keep active during this time, while following government guidelines about safe distance and safe exercise environments. Coaches will, no doubt, wish to liaise with their coaching group about the best way of achieving this. However, any training sessions between now and at least the end of April will be arranged by coaches not the club.
This information has been produced at speed to get the information out as quickly as possible. Bournemouth 10 and Bournemouth Open entrants plus members of Wednesday Night Development Group will receive further information as quickly as possible. Coaches will no doubt be in touch with their groups.
In the meantime any issues please email me at: secretary@bournemouthac.