Bournemouth AC (BAC) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For any personal data you provide for the purposes of your membership, BAC is the Data Controller and is responsible for storing and otherwise processing that data in a fair, lawful, secure and transparent way.
What personal data we hold on you
You may give us information about you by filling in forms at an event or online, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register with the Club. The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, address, e-mail address, phone number, name of the England Athletics (EA) affiliated Clubs with which you are registered, England Athletics URN number and details of any coaching/officiating licenses or First Aid qualifications you hold, and gender (Athletics Data).
We may also ask for relevant health information and other data which is classed as ‘special category personal data’.
Why we need your personal data
The reason we need your Athletics Data is to be able to administer your membership, and provide the membership services you are signing up to when you register with the club.
Our lawful basis for processing your personal data is that we have a contractual obligation to you as a member to provide the services you are registering for.
Reasons we need to process your data include:
For training and competition entry:
- Sharing personal data with club coaches or officials to administer training sessions;
- Sharing personal data with club team managers to enter events;
- Sharing personal data with facility providers to manage access to the track or check delivery standards;
- Sharing personal data with leagues, county associations (and county schools’ associations) and other competition providers for entry in events.
Funding and reporting purposes:
- Sharing anonymised data with a funding partner as condition of grant funding e.g. Local Authority;
- Analysing anonymised data to monitor club trends; and
- Sending surveys to improve your experience as a club member
For membership and club management
- Processing of membership forms and payments;
- Sharing data with committee members to provide information about club activities, membership renewals or invitation to social events;
- Club newsletter promoting club activity; and
- Publishing of race and competition results
Marketing and communications (where separate consent is provided)
- Sending information about promotions and offers from sponsors;
- Sending information about selling club kit, merchandise or fundraising.
Any special category personal data we hold on you is only processed for the purpose of passing health data to coaches to allow the safe running of training sessions. We process this data on the lawful basis of consent. Therefore, we will also need your explicit consent to process this data, which we will ask for at the point of collecting it.
The club has several social media channels. All members are free to join these pages. If you join one of the social media pages, please note that the providers of the social media platforms have their own privacy policies and that the club do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data on the club social media pages.
Who we share your personal data with
When you become a member of the Club, you will also automatically be registered as a member of England Athletics Limited. We will provide England Athletics Limited with your Athletics Data which they will use to enable your access to the MyAthletics portal. England Athletics Limited will contact you to invite you to sign into and update your MyAthletics portal. You can set and amend your privacy settings from the MyAthletics portal. If you have any questions about the continuing privacy of your personal data when it is shared with England Athletics Limited, please contact email@example.com
We will use relevant information, such as name and age-group, when reporting on Club activities and performances in local newspapers and on local websites/social media. If you do not wish to have your name published in this way, or any photograph of you training or competing for the Club published please let the Club Secretary know in writing.
We will not pass your data on to any other party without your consent, though please note we may be required to provide relevant information to a training venue or competition provider/venue who we have also checked will only hold your data for the purpose intended.
How long we hold your personal data
We will hold your personal data on file for as long as you are a member with us. Athlete Data is updated every year on annual membership forms. Any personal data we hold on you will be securely destroyed after four years of inactivity on that member’s account, in line with England Athletics Limited’s retention policy.
Your data is not processed for any further purposes other than those detailed in this policy.
Your rights regarding your personal data
As a data subject you may have the right at any time to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data; to restrict or object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data, including direct marketing; to the portability of your personal data and to complain to the UK’s data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office about the processing of your personal data.
As a data subject you are not obliged to share your personal data with the Club. If you choose not to share your personal data with us we may not be able to register or administer your membership.
BAC is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for the retention of personal data on a computer system.
Approved by BAC Executive Committee – 3rd January 2022
By becoming a member of Bournemouth AC, the Club will collect information about you which will include your name, date of birth, gender, email address, address, telephone number, England Athletics URN number and details of any coaching/officiating licenses or First aid qualifications you hold.
If training with us, we also need to know if there are any medical conditions, we need to be aware of.
Data retention and use
All of this data will be held securely by Club officials, coaches and team managers on a need-to-know basis to facilitate you as a member taking part in coaching sessions, competitions, and other team and club activity.
We will use relevant information, such as name and age-group when reporting on Club activities and performances in local newspapers and on local websites/social media.
If you do not wish to have your name published in this way, or any photograph of you training or competing for the Club published please let the Club Secretary know in writing.
Examples of where we will need to use your data would include:
- Passing data to the governing body, for instance – England Athletics or UKA;
- Sharing data with club coaches or officials to administer training sessions or competition;
- Sharing data with club team managers to enable them to enter events.
- We may share data with facility providers to manage access to the track or check delivery standards;
- We may also share data with leagues, county associations (and county schools’ associations) and other competition providers for entry in events;
- Funding and reporting purposes – Anonymised data for instance, shared with a funding partner as a condition of grant funding;
- Anonymised data analysed to monitor club trends;
- Membership and club management – Processing of membership forms and payments –
Sharing data with committee members to provide information about club activities,
membership renewals or invitation to social events –
- Publishing of race and competition results, including on the club’s website and social media channels, in newsletters or e-mails;
When sharing data as outlined above, we will use our best endeavours to ensure that the minimum necessary information is shared and to check that the third party will only hold your data for the purpose intended.
We will not pass on your details to any marketing body or agency without your explicit consent.
Bournemouth AC will follow the guidance from England Athletics in respect of a Privacy
Policy, will conform with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR); and will, accordingly, implement a Policy in line with that which amongst other things, will allow you to find out what data we hold about you.
Approved by BAC Executive Committee – 3rd January 2022